Wednesday 7 September 2011

A New Term

Well, the new term begins today. After a long summer break spent on placement, revising for exams and work the time has come to pick up the books again. I will be honest and say I am not looking forward to this year, I am not sure if I will enjoy it as much as last year. Yet what I must say is motivation is not lacking.

A summer placement does more than teach you about the life of a minister. It reminds you of the need to be 'on the ball' with your studies. It reminds you of the essential nature of a solid foundation of study and learning. How can we begin a ministry of shepherding if we do not know how to lead the sheep; moreover how can we lead the sheep if we have not been led by Christ?

So a healthy dose of Church History, Hebrew, NT and Systematic Theology is scheduled for the next year.  Lets see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment